The full-day Nagarkot Sunrise and Bhaktapur Tour is the most preferred short private tour a little bit away from the bustling Kathmandu city. It involves visiting the popular and scenic hilltop town of Nagarkot for mesmerizing sunrise views. Besides, the attractive town is also a favorite spot to view a chain of Himalayan snow-capped mountains. The prominent peaks visible are Mt. Kanchenjunga in the east and Mt. Dhaulagiri in the west. After the sunrise view, it is time to drive back to Bhaktapur for an enchanting sightseeing tour in the ancient city.
The Nagarkot Sunrise and Bhaktapur Tour begins with a very early morning drive from Kathmandu to Nagarkot. It is about one and a half hours drive to this hilltop town situated at 2195m. Then, it is a precious moment to watch the shimmering first rays of the sun over the mountain peaks. The tour continues with a drive to Bhaktapur and then visiting the several top attractions of the town. To enlist the major cultural highlights of this medieval city are the Golden Gate, Nyatapola Temple, National Arts Gallery, the palace of 55 windows, Potter’s Square and several other landmarks.
The roughly 10-hour Nagarkot Sunrise and Bhaktapur Tour showcases the traditional countryside lifestyle of local people. It is, in fact, a surprising thing to observe the unchanged daily life of people although they live very close to the country’s capital. The standard of living of people within a distance of just 32 km away from the country’s most rapidly influenced city has not been affected with modernity. The popular tour concludes after the sightseeing in Bhaktapur is over and the visitors are driven back to Kathmandu. Overall, it surely is a wonderful experience especially for first-time visitors of Nepal.
• Witnessing the impressive sunrise views from Nagarkot
• Enjoy the fabulous aerial views from the viewpoint in Nagarkot
• Best views of Everest seen on a clear day with binoculars
• Impressive views of Mt. Kanchenjunga and Dhaulagiri peaks
• Stunning sunrise views over mountain panorama extending from Manaslu-Ganesh Himal-Langtang-Jugal Himal towards the east at Mt. Everest range
• Cultural and religious explorations in Bhaktapur
• Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Durbar Square at Bhaktapur
• Take delight in the architectural finesse of Nyatapola Temple, Dattatreya Temple, and several other significant attractions
Join Our Small Group DeparturesView Available Dates