The Nagarkot Full Day Hiking Tour is a memorable experience of rural Nepal with marvelous sunset views in Nagarkot. In particular, the hiking tour beginning at Changu Narayan is an opportunity to enjoy village life. Besides, the green hills, domestic animals, and twittering birds gives a complete feel of a rustic rural atmosphere. The moderately challenging hike commencing from UNESCO World Heritage-listed Changu Narayan is complete within four hours. It is, indeed, a hiker’s pride to get soaked in far-reaching views of the Himalayas during the pleasurable walk.
The popular Nagarkot Full Day Hiking Tour officially begins after breakfast in Kathmandu followed by pick up from hotel as early as 7 o’clock. It is about one and a half hours drive from Kathmandu to reach the trailhead at Sankhu. The trailhead is also the home to the famous Changu Narayan Temple. After a short sightseeing tour in the temple area, the spectacular hike of about 4km uphill kicks off. Panoramic views of renowned mountain peaks such as Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna, and Langtang Lirung greet hikers en route. Hiking through Telkot Village and other similar villages witnessing the local lifestyle and people grazing their cattle, it is arrival time in Nagarkot.
By the time you arrive at the destination on this Nagarkot Full Day Hiking Tour, it is about 2.30pm and time for lunch. Eventually, after lunch at a restful restaurant on the top of Nagarkot hill town, visitors wander around. It is the perfect time to stretch your worn-out legs as well as explore the local beauty until sunset. After a glorious sunset view in the evening, it is time to drive back to Kathmandu and wind up the fantastic tour in Nepal.
• Tour the Changu Narayan Temple, a World Heritage Site
• Views of stunning Himalayan peaks including the Annapurna range and Mt. Everest, as well as Langtang, Manaslu, and Ganesh Himal
• Begin a peaceful hike after a drive from Kathmandu to Sankhu, through forests, birds, and domestic animals
• Witness farming and the local village lifestyle during the hike
• Learn about the cultural and spiritual traditions of rural Nepal
• Observe amazing landscapes and panoramic vistas
• Watch the glorious sunset views from Nagarkot viewpoint
Join Our Small Group DeparturesView Available Dates